We stayed at Villa Aria for 5 days over New Year. We had a nice stay but overall don't think its near the upper 4-5 stars its currently rated.
On the positive side:
- Great location on the beach
- Very nice hotel, boutique style, lush garden with tropical feel to it (which I really apprcietated)
- Very fast and professional check in from reception staff
On the less postive side:
- The service level from staff at the pool area, in the restaurant is not good enough. They are not attentive, don't clean the tables when people leave, don't always remember to bring the menu when you sit etc. I would rate the service level 3 star, but not 4 or 5. Its in 'interesting' difference from the reception staff, because there our experience was much more positive.
- The level of staff's English skills can be improved
- As much as we loved the beach location, the town area of Mui Ne (main street where the hotel is located) is not very interesting - few souvenir shops and restaurants. But that is of course less important if you travel for beach holidays :)
- Unfortunately some guests, russian speaking, did a bad figure and were generally loud around the restaurant and pool.